distal-attribute
distal-attribute
distal-attribute
distal-attribute

change shortcut for function

User, date Message
marseillai Written by marseillai
6 years ago
Category: Feature discussion
1 posts since Wed, 26 Nov 08
some feature in heidisql are really great such as perspective in data view so i tried to sweetch from SQLYOG to HEIDISQL but several thing still annoy me.
The first thing is the impossibility to edit text save in blob. i've contourn this by using text for the column format.
Now my problem is that I would like to switch the shit+ctrl+f9 and F9 shortcut.
Would it be possible to be able to switch the shortcut? Or is there a trick by editing a config file ?

Thanks in advance.
siMKin Written by siMKin
6 years ago
105 posts since Sun, 01 Apr 07

marseillai wrote: some feature in heidisql are really great such as perspective in data view so i tried to sweetch from SQLYOG to HEIDISQL but several thing still annoy me.
The first thing is the impossibility to edit text save in blob. i've contourn this by using text for the column format.



Why would you save text in a blob field? blob fields are used for binary data.
so, i don't think you've countered the problem, i think you simply found a better way :wink:

p.s.: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/blob.html
rosenfield Written by rosenfield
6 years ago
127 posts since Wed, 24 Jan 07

wrote: Would it be possible to be able to switch the shortcut?



Not currently, but there's a feature request in the tracker, so as soon as someone feels like spending the time to do the preferences GUI required...

wrote: Or is there a trick by editing a config file ?



Having the shortcuts stored in the registry / config file instead of hardcoded in the application sounds like a good idea as a beginning of full-flexes shortcut customizability.

The easiest trick for now is to download the source code and Delphi, then change the shortcut and run the compile script. See "readme for developers" on the front page.
 

Please login to leave a reply, or register at first.