Hi I'm using mysql server on vmWare machine. Heidi connected to the server via SSH tunnel. when SSH connection closing, Heidi shows an error instead of trying to reconnect it's very annoying bug, aspecial when you have open tabs with queries. As i know this bug presents for 3 or 4 years.
Bug: Memory violation after server disconnect
Silence dumb exceptions from mysql_ping() call. See https://www.heidisql.com/forum.php?t=23483
Should be fixed in r5164. Please update HeidiSQL to the latest build and report back here if the problem persists.
Hi! better, but not ideal. Steps to reproduce:
- heidi connected
- stop server
- refresh db list -> crash after 2 or 3 attempts (bugreport1)
- click Continue application (bugreport2)
- click continue - bug report window gone
- start server
- update ->crash (bugreport3)
- continue (2 times), bug report window gone
- then reconnect is ok. (previously you can press continue infinitly and no effect) Thanks for fix
Hi. After several attempts it crashes, but not closes. I think normal behavior is show error message, and ask user for manual connection. I reproduces it synthetically, but, it is normal, for example when you are using Mobile Internet. Program should wait either reconnecting or closing manually with saving all queries from open tabs.
Please login to leave a reply, or register at first.