Text fields in HeidiSQL don't behave like text fields of native applications, making HeidiSQL an alien in GNU/Linux. The bugs seem to be distro independent, as I get bitten by them on both Sabayon and Arch Linux.
- Single click: Place cursor. That works as expected both in native applications and HeidiSQL.
- Double click: Select text up to word boundary. That works as expected both in native applications and HeidiSQL.
- Triple click: Native applications select whole text, while HeidiSQL clears selection.
- Quadruple click: Native applications clear selection, while HeidiSQL does "Double click" + "Double click".
- Ctrl+A: Native applications select whole text, while HeidiSQL does nothing (in connection manager, works fine in text/cell editor).
HeidiSQL should mimic the native behaviour. I don't know if the observed HeidiSQL behaviour is akin to Windows. If it is, HeidiSQL should special case Wine.