HeidiSQL is free software, and has the aim to be easy to learn. "Heidi" lets you see and edit data and structures from computers running one of the database systems MariaDB, MySQL, Microsoft SQL or PostgreSQL. Invented in 2002 by Ansgar, with a development peak between 2009 and 2013, HeidiSQL belongs to the most popular tools for MariaDB and MySQL worldwide.
Since a few nightly builds, your query tabs are now stored automatically. This means the code in them is back again when you restart HeidiSQL, without the need to select one or more files for each ...
I often found myself searching in the many snippets I stored over the years. To make it quick and easy to find anything in the query helpers box, I just added a filter box on top of it. The tree wi ...
26 Jan HeidiSQL 10.1 bugfix release
This is a new release which mainly fixes the installer, which named the executable in your program files folder "heidisql32.exe", not "heidisql.exe". Sounds minor, but I suppose there are quite a f ...
23 Jan HeidiSQL 10.0 released
This is a new release with quite a few new features, some enhancements and many bugfixes. Grab it from the download page Most noticable new features and enhancements: Basic support for high DPI s ...
07 Nov Theme support
The latest nightly builds of HeidiSQL have support for themes, and some quite nice themes included. If you'd like to have a dark theme for example, feel free to update to the latest build. After s ...
- Free for everyone, OpenSource
- Connect to multiple servers in one window
- Connect to servers via commandline
- Connect via SSH tunnel, or pass SSL settings
- Create and edit tables, views, stored routines, triggers and scheduled events.
- Generate nice SQL-exports, compress these afterwards, or put them on the clipboard.
- Export from one server/database directly to another server/database
- Manage user-privileges
- Import text-files
- Export table rows as CSV, HTML, XML, SQL, LaTeX, Wiki Markup and PHP Array
- Browse and edit table-data using a comfortable grid
- Bulk edit tables (move to db, change engine, collation etc.)
- Batch-insert ascii or binary files into tables
- Write queries with customizable syntax-highlighting and code-completion
- Pretty reformat disordered SQL
- Monitor and kill client-processes
- Find specific text in all tables of all databases of one server
- Optimize and repair tables in a batch manner
- Launch a parallel mysql.exe command line window using your current connection settings
- And much more
HeidiSQL users with enabled statistics feature work on these servers:
The author: Ansgar Becker
Summer 2015 in Egmond aan Zee, duinreservaat.
On holiday with my wife and two kids.