HeidiSQL is free software, and has the aim to be easy to learn. "Heidi" lets you see and edit data and structures from computers running one of the database systems MySQL, MariaDB, Microsoft SQL or PostgreSQL. Invented in 2002 by Ansgar, with a development peak between 2009 and 2013, HeidiSQL is one of the most popular MySQL tools worldwide. Read further about features or see some screenshots.
15 Sep heidisql.com on IPv6
Better late than never: Yesterday I configured heidisql.com for the IPv6 address 2a01:488:66:1000:53a9:8f8:0:1, additionally to the existing IPv4 address 188.8.131.52. My Firefox and Edge on Window ...
HeidiSQL is now available in Microsoft's App Store: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9NXPRT2T0ZJF This is basically the current v9.5 release, with some functionality enhancements for running on ...
19 Dec HeidiSQL 9.5 released
This is a bugfix release with a few new features and enhancements. Grab it from the download page New features: Expect regular expression in filter text on right panel, not a simple string. Kee ...
04 Nov Moving to GitHub
Move to GitHub HeidiSQL sources have just moved from Sourceforge to GitHub. Thanks to Per for creating the HeidiSQL project family / organization there. Importing the repository from Sourceforge wa ...
20 Feb SSL all over the place
For various security reasons, and due to the login page on heidisql.com I have just created and set up an SSL certificate here. Of course there is also Google who says that they downrank pages with ...
- Free for everyone, OpenSource
- Connect to multiple servers in one window
- Connect to servers via commandline
- Connect via SSH tunnel, or pass SSL settings
- Create and edit tables, views, stored routines, triggers and scheduled events.
- Generate nice SQL-exports, compress these afterwards, or put them on the clipboard.
- Export from one server/database directly to another server/database
- Manage user-privileges
- Import text-files
- Export table rows as CSV, HTML, XML, SQL, LaTeX, Wiki Markup and PHP Array
- Browse and edit table-data using a comfortable grid
- Bulk edit tables (move to db, change engine, collation etc.)
- Batch-insert ascii or binary files into tables
- Write queries with customizable syntax-highlighting and code-completion
- Pretty reformat disordered SQL
- Monitor and kill client-processes
- Find specific text in all tables of all databases of one server
- Optimize and repair tables in a batch manner
- Launch a parallel mysql.exe command line window using your current connection settings
- And much more
HeidiSQL users with enabled statistics feature work on these servers:
The author: Ansgar Becker
Summer 2015 in Egmond aan Zee, duinreservaat.
On holiday with my wife and two kids.