When I add a new column for a table, I enter it's name and continue with datatype. I wish to be able to use just a Tab key to open Datatype menu right away, but it only blinks and disappears. Now the whole row is selected. I need to press F2 to open the Datatype menu.
I'd like to propose Tab key would go between column properties in "edit mode" and Enter key will confirm all changes for the row and highlight the whole row. Consequent Enter will confirm all changes, saving them.
So the proposed behavior would be:
- Select table, Basic tab is visible.
- Press [Insert] key to add a new column to the end of the table. It's the same as clicking the Add button.
- Enter column name.
- Press [Tab] key to move focus to Datatype, will show expanded Datatype list.
- Use keys to find the datatype - letters to filter, arrow to move one-by-one (= current behavior).
- Press [Tab] key to move focus to length, will enable text field. It would be extra nice, if length isn't available for the selected datatype, to focus the next available field (probably Allow Null)
- Press [Enter] to highlight the whole row. Now up/down arrow keys move focus between table columns (= rows of the table). Press [F2] to edit the selected row or press [Insert] to add a new row after the selected row (again, the same as clicking on Add button).
- Press [Enter] again to save changes.
In the scenario above, most of the current behavior is maintained. The only difference is [Insert] and [Tab] keys.
Thank you for your consideration. If you want me to illustrate it better, please let me know.